Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Friends?

I have never been a clique type of girl. I like to be friends with whom I please. I don't want a "friend" to dislike someone else and expect me to dislike them as well. I can be a great person to get to know but I find that my difference in lifetime creates an imaginary barrier. I can't jump up on a whim and go wherever. I have responsibilities and a family who needs me. 


My mistake has been that all of my friends are either single or have no children. No matter how cool a person may seem, the difference becomes so evident that the friendship begins to fade. I am on a new journey and have made many new friends. At first everything is pleasant, but after time true personalities show and the differences are highlighted. Where are the married with children women at? I need someone I can talk about how my husband is like my son or how my I had to do a science project with my son. 


I can gain friends instantaneous but it is hard to keep them. My schedule gets in the way, my mindset is different. I had to grow up very quickly and I matured at an early age. Luckily, my husband and son is the greatest companions a girl could ask for. So even though its nice to have friends to unwind with, I am not so lonely as to force myself into friendships that are valueless......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts