Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Co-Washing



Have you tried co-washing? 


I have tried it and with the right conditioner my hair feels great. I don't feel like my hair is unclean and has build up as I originally thought co-washing would cause. 


So you ask, what is co-washing? Co-washing is when you use conditioner instead of shampooing your hair. Many people Co-wash because washing your hair with a shampoo, dries your hair out and causes it to be frizzy. 


It is recommended to co-wash once or twice a week with a rinse out conditioner. Avoid using a conditioner containing silicone as to not dry out your hair or cause build up. Not every conditioner will be great for co-washing. Do your research and find the best conditioner for your hair. My hair tends to be very dry so I had to do trial and error until I found the conditioner that works for me. The conditioner that works best for me right now is Kinky Curly's Knot today. I absolutely love that leave in conditioner. I also use SheaMoisture's rinse out conditioner to co-wash and it leaves my hair feeling soft. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts