Friday, April 13, 2012

Suspect




My beautiful baby boy who is spoiled and sheltered is already a suspect. He was born a suspect in this world. It is hard for me to listen to my peers who justify stereotyping blacks when they have never had to be black a day in their life. I do not want to be that angry black woman. It is not me but I am that WOMAN who will speak out against stereotypes and racism everyday of my life. I love human kind. I am not racist. You can't be on the outside looking in passing judgment against me who you don't know struggles. 


I would speak out for anyone whether they are brown, white, green, yellow or red. When I speak out or speak up for the African American community then I am being overly sensitive. 


Walk in my skin and see how long your views stay the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts