Thursday, April 26, 2012

Beginner's natural hairstyle


So a little over a year ago, I did the big chop and once it grew out I began to be bored with my afro although it was bomb!


So I began google searching natural hair styling. 


My first hairstyle I tried was a two strand twist out. it came out perfect. 


Two Strand twist out:
1. You wash (or co-wash) your hair, condition it and towel dry it. 
2. Next you use your favorite moisturizer and you either can apply it throughout your hair or you can apply it to the section of hair you are twisting. 
3. I section my hair with my finger, grabbing a small section of hair, starting in the front and I apply a small amount of hair care product, which I used SheaMoisture, and you split the hair section into two and you twist the hair around each other. 
4. Repeat though out the entire head. 
5. Once your finished you place a silk bonnet or scarf and go to sleep.
6. The next morning or later in the day, once your hair is completely dry, you start at the root of your hair and you untwist your. You don't pull it apart because you will create frizz. 
7. After you take all of the twist down, you go through the entire head untwisting the strands further. 
8. Style it as you like. 






Another style that I used quite often was a rubber band less headband. On days I don't twist my hair or its a day or two before I plan to wash my hair and it begins to act up, I pull it back with a non breakage  stretchy headband. 


With headband

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts