Friday, December 30, 2011

Mutual Respect

Whoever said that you have to like someone or dislike someone on behalf of someone else is wrong. Whoever said that it was okay to become obsessed with superficial reasons to dislike someone is wrong. 




All I ask for is the respect I give out. My life is whole, I have enough love ones. I am not in search of more but if great people enter my life then great, if not, there is no great lost. 


Me holding anger and hatred for the next person holds only ME back. Hate consumes you and takes over your thoughts. There is so much that you can focus your energy on. I respect everyone I encounter whether you make my skin crawl or draw a smile on my face. 


I believe the key to happiness is peace of mind and positive energy. You receive what you give off. Nowadays the people in the limelight or with a few fans and followers think its great to talk down or belittle someone they feel they are above. You never know a person's life or aspirations by how many Facebook friends, twitter followers or the attire they wear. 


People get lost in the hoopla of social media, their image and how to get their next compliment. 


As long as you know who you are, there is no need for reassurance. There is no need to put the next person down. 


Respect me. That is all I ask. If I encounter you and you have disdain flowing in your blood towards me, don't dwell on it. Keep it moving. Don't take my hello or smile to be fake. Take it as my attitude towards life. 


There is just too much that is right in my life right now to be mad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts